Monday, September 24, 2012

Shark Toddler Backpack

I just finished making this shark toddler backpack for little A.


Originally, we had discussed making an Owl backpack in blue.  However when A and his mom saw a picture of Joshie's Dino Toddler Backpack, he asked if he could have a dinosaur or a shark.  Of course!  His Mom was so nice and it's really cool that she let him pick his own colours.


He wanted everything blue but the stylist in me kept thinking... "get some brown in there!"  But he stuck to his guns and I have to admit, I really like the way the navy piping coordinates with the indigo blue denim. 

Here's the obligatory side shot that I always include with every posting.  Again it's very blue but I like it!


From the back, it's quite unassuming


But the front pops since everything else is quite neutral.  Hmm... maybe this kid is onto something!


Here's the bottom


He wanted the owl lining and I finished the seams with navy bias tape.


While I was waiting for the right lighting to take some pics, the backpack sat on top of our piano (I keep custom orders up high now because of what happened here).  The kids didn't notice it at first but before bedtime, Joshie said "I want a shark backpack!".   *Sigh... so many requests, so little time. 

For those new to the blog, all backpack orders are custom built orders purchased through my ETSY shop.  

All this talk about sharks has me wanting to see Jaws again!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jenny,

    that is an amazing backpack! Love the style and also the fun applique on the front :)
    have a great day,
    Duni - via EBT

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! All the blue is perfect for a little boy. And the owl lining is adorable!

    ReplyDelete